With over 30 years experience of working with the NHS, Berendsen has the depth of experience and expertise to handle all your hospital linen requirements. With a wide range of products, and services tailored to your needs, you can rely on Berendsen to get on with the collection, cleaning and delivery of your linen to the wards while you concentrate on what matters most – patient care.
The Berendsen process
Working with us could not be simpler...
Once your contract terms and start date with us has been agreed, we purchase the linen. You will then receive your first delivery on the agreed date. Your soiled linen which has been caged or bagged will then be collected, from this time your service will be maintained within our service cycle.
"The Berendsen team successfully managed a complex transition from in-house to an outsourced laundry service. Their experience, coupled with a detailed project plan agreed with our team, reassured us that the change would be smooth. In particular their close communication with Trust staff on every ward made sure that there was no confusion as the new service started. We are delighted with the way the switch has been achieved and feedback from our staff has been very positive."
Executive Director of Planning, Performance, Estates and Facilities, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
We also offer:
- We have a continued supply of linen for our Collections and Packages.
- Our linen is sourced specifically to maintain its quality and comfort, whilst ensuring longevity.
Quality and compliance
- All our healthcare linen sites meet the EN14065 standard on bio-contamination control in processed textiles. Which means that we're fully compliant with the Department of Health's HTM 01-04 (formerly CFPP 01-04) policy and guidance on the decontamination of linen for health and social care. In practical terms, this means that the facilities, procedures and processes we use are all designed to ensure that the linen we deliver to our customers is fully decontaminated. We even have our own in-house UKAS accredited laboratory where we regularly monitor a wide range of samples, from air quality to washing processes.
Business continuity planning
- With over £1 million of linen and other emergency supplies specially housed and any truck breakdown remedied within 3 hours, we provide peace of mind that your service will always continue.
- We have achieved the Carbon Trust Standard Certificate.
- We have invested more than £4 million in energy saving measures.
- We have reduced our carbon footprint by over 5%. That's equivalent to the carbon emissions of 5,000 households.
- We have cut our water usage by over 60%. That's 1.6 million cubic meters saved every year.
Investment and innovation
- At Berendsen we are committed to delivering excellence. To deliver that excellence we have to invest and innovate.
- We invest in new plant, equipment and training.
- We innovate in both systems and processes, and are continually reviewing new technology to explore how it can enhance our service.